Thursday, September 18, 2014

What now?

So much has happened since my last post. I've finally graduated after much toils and sweat. To me, graduating from my masters was my goal, and that's all I was striving for. But now that that has happened, I'm aimless. I was so tired and just couldn't think clearly, so I decided to take a break.

Just a break, from everything. It isn't normal to take a break after graduating as usually the norms would require you to secure a job right away. I'm lucky that I can afford to take a break. At first I was quite insecure as many questions why am I still unemployed, I get defensive and keep trying to find excuses. But now, I've learnt to just accept it. When people ask, I will just straightaway tell it as what it is, I'm taking a break. Yes, I'm unemployed. Yes, I'll be looking for a job only next year.

I mean, like come on. A few months' break is nothing compared to the years and years of working you're gonna do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment