Thursday, March 4, 2010

post-cny post!

You must be wondering what happened to my 365! Well, can my kinda longer-than-average cny post make up for 40-62?? haahahaha. Yeah I know cny's over but I'm gonna post it anyway!

***

Had a very hectic yet highly enjoyable Chinese New Year, with all the reunions and gatherings, had to rush most of the times but it was worth it! Was very happy to meet friends of some which I haven't seen for almost 10 years! And also my cousins who came all the way from Canada to celebrate with us ^^

Photobucket
Taken few days before CNY when we were still quite free. Small fact, we played the same Monopoly board 10 years back! Of course Matthew *the one behind me!*wasn't born yet.

Photobucket
Singapore edition. Old & tattered, but lots of memories =)

Photobucket
Reunion dinner! Missing mum's cooking so much right now!

Photobucket
Sweet ice wine.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bathing with pomelo leaves the night before new year as it is believed that pomelo enhances 'abundance, prosperity, having children, and good health in the year to come'. =\

Had to get up early the next day for church! Believe it or not, I was the one waking up the rest in my room, to their (and my!) surprise! lol. Cause usually I'm those people who skips breakfast straightaway and sleep till noon! And I'm proud to say that since the first day of CNY till I left, I have woken up not later than 8am! *beams* Haha. Didn't want to miss the breakfast sessions with the family =)

Photobucket
And of course, angpow time!

Photobucket
Absolutely love this pic! So ang~ One of our friend's openhouse.

Photobucket
lazy lion

Photobucket
typical but yummy openhouse food!

Photobucket
nice candid shot of my cuz

Photobucket
cute kid

Photobucket
dinner prepared by mich's relatives!it was so delicious especially the turkey! One of the delicious highlights of CNY =P

2nd day was for visitations. Two words, crazy hot!

Photobucket

Photobucket
was sweating from the heat! Next time gonna just wear singlet and shorts for cny! lol~

Photobucket
saw a huge fire on our way. It's already so damn hot still wanna bakar again.

Photobucket
Last station was my place! Enough space for us to huat aaaaar! (but not enough parking space~loool)

Had a small gathering at foo's place too! He invited us over for japanese beef curry and wii tournament! It was so fun, cause it was my first time 'actively' playing Wii. lol. Especially enjoyed the dancing game! We also got a chance to taste homemade pizza by aunty!


Photobucket
YUM! Foo ur curry 'yum' too! but no picture~ hahaha

Photobucket
made by his bro! kinda creepy looking~ lol

Photobucket
booyah! Early morning when Matt is still in his jammies, but already playing with Coco!

Photobucket

One thing I love about cny (other than the foods!) was meeting back my ol' friends! It has been ages since we all met up!

Photobucket
primary gathering!

Photobucket
this was at alan's place. Matthew enjoyed the lion dance so much!

Welll that's all for now, still tons of pics but will leave them for the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment